Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog Post 1

My name is Levi Seymour. I am from Burnet, Texas and as of right now, I am a 20 year old Junior at the University of South Alabama who is majoring in English and Secondary Education. I am the third born of seven children, and was home-schooled until my freshman year of high school. At the age of 8, I accepted Christ as my savior. My relationship with Him takes precedence over any other aspect of my life. After graduation, I attended the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in Belton, Texas for two years. In the summer that separated my first and second year, I met my girlfriend at a church camp. She has lived here in Mobile her whole life, while I lived in Texas. But, an opportunity to transfer opened up and I moved to Mobile in August of 2011.

The reason that I am an English and Secondary Education major is, firstly, to teach English in a middle school somewhere. Secondly, I have a passion for counseling and plan on getting a masters in that subject. My ultimate goal is to be a middle school or high school counselor. A second interest of mine is sports, particularly Basketball, Soccer, and Football. Many people would and actually have called me a "sports nerd." This last year was my first year to participate in a Fantasy Football League. At the end of the season, I had 23 teams, 6 of them had won the league championship, four teams placed second, and all but three were in the top five. Hm... When I write it out like that, I think I might be a little bit of a sports nerd.
 Another one of my major interests is in leading worship. At the beginning of my junior year in high school, I started leading worship for my youth group at New Covenant Church in Lampasas, Texas. Another reason that I moved to Mobile was the opportunity to lead worship for a youth group at Friendship Baptist Church in Grand Bay, Alabama.

Dr Pausch on Time Management

I thought Dr. Pausch's video on time management was very helpful. Personally, I have always struggled with managing my time; and with work, school, and church, this semester figures to be a test of my time management skills. I thought that the point he made about completing the most difficult task on your list first was very valid and made a great deal of sense. One thing I do know about Dr. Pausch was that he was a very brilliant proffesor who was diagnosed with cancer and had a series of lectures called "The Last Lecture."

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM310. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com. Thanks for starting early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will watch Randy Pausch's Last Lecture later this semester. It is a powerful and moving video!

    ReplyDelete